LGAQ 127th annual conference, Gladstone
What to do in the Gladstone Region: A Visitor’s Guide
The gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef, the Gladstone Region is known for its’ incredible juxtaposition of industry, nature and of course, the World Heritage listed Great Barrier Reef. Home to some of the most stunning coral reefs in the world, our thriving region is an untouched paradise.
The shimmering water of Gladstone Harbour and its surrounding Marina parklands continue to attract people to the city from around the globe and encourage further exploration of our remarkable region.
Visitors to our area are overwhelmed by the natural beauty and charmed by our warm regional hospitality. Honestly, you may never want to leave!
What to do in the Gladstone Region!
There are so many amazing things to do in Gladstone, from visiting popular tourist destinations to enjoying a fancy meal and luxury accommodation.
If you’re planning a visit to Gladstone, don’t miss out on the best destinations the city has to offer. Here’s our go-to guide to help you decide what to do in Gladstone!
Various locations in Gladstone
Welcome to Central Apartment Group, your home away from home. With 24 properties across Australia, we offer quality accommodation that caters to both corporate and leisure travellers. Whether you're here for work or leisure, our spacious and comfortable studio, 1, 2 or 3-bedroom apartments provide the perfect place to rest and recharge.
At Central Apartment Group, we pride ourselves on offering affordable luxury. With 4-star ratings across our properties, you can rest assured that you will stay in the lap of comfort and style. From fully-equipped kitchens to plush bedding and high-speed internet, we provide all the amenities you need for a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
But we're more than just a place to sleep. At Central Apartment Group, we're committed to our guests. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to help you with whatever you need, from recommendations for local restaurants to assistance with business services. We understand that your time is valuable, and we want to make sure that your stay with us is as stress-free and enjoyable as possible.
With our commitment to quality accommodation and unparalleled guest service, we're confident you will have a memorable and enjoyable stay with us.
- Discover luxurious CBD hotels with stylish and spacious accommodations
- Enjoy 4-star amenities like pools, gyms, BBQ facilities, and daily breakfast
- Experience personalised service that caters to your every need, whether for business or pleasure
- Choose from a selection of studio to 1, 2 and 3-bedroom apartments with all the comforts of home
- Rest easy with the added security of undercover parking and secure floor access
Gladstone City Central Apartment Hotel
- Studio from $135 per night
- 1 Bedroom apartment from $158 per night
Gladstone Central Plaza Apartment Hotel
- 1 Bedroom apartment from $162 per night
- 2 Bedroom apartment from $225 per night
- 3 Bedroom apartment from $279 per night
Gladstone Downtown Central Apartment Hotel
- Studio from $126 per night
- 1 Bedroom apartment from $149 per night
- 2 Bedroom apartment from $212 per night
Curtis Central Apartments
- 2 Bedroom apartment $243
BOOKING CODE: To book visit Central Apartment Group.
22-24 William Street Gladstone
T: 07 4904 1871
Distance to GECC: 0.4km
Just a 19-minute walk from Gladstone Marina, this newly refurbished four star accommodation, is conveniently located in the heart of Gladstone on the corner of William Street and Central Lane.
CQ Motel has accommodation with free private parking, a garden, and a swimming pool. All guest rooms come with microwave, toaster, free toiletries, and a desk. We also have a bar and restaurant on-site, which offers a continental or a la-carte breakfast. This four star motel offers luggage storage space and free Wi-Fi.
- Executive Queen Room | 1 Queen Bed - $130/night*
*Rate is only available for the Executive Queen room and only when guests book directly with us.
BOOKING CODE: LGAQ
22-24 Roseberry Street Gladstone
Distance to GECC: 0.11km
Just 150m from the Gladstone Entertainment and Convention Centre.
- Short walk to major dining and entertainment districts.
- Close to shopping centres Kin Kora and Centro.
- Great base for Heron Island departure point, Port Curtis Yacht Club, the aquatic centre, tennis courts, Central Queensland University Campus, and the Mater hospital precinct.
- Gladstone train station and coach terminal are just a two-minute drive from the hotel • 6km from airport • Family rooms available
- Swimming pool (restrictions may apply due to COVID-19)
- BBQ area (restrictions may apply due to COVID-19) • Business centre services
- External laundry and dry cleaning (charges apply)
- Smoke-free hotel
- Free in room Wi-Fi
- Free Wi-Fi in public areas
- One Bedroom Apartment | 1 Queen Bed - $160 per night
- Superior One Bedroom Apartment | 1 King Bed - $180 per night
Corner Bell and O Connell Street Gladstone
T: 07 4979 8200
Distance to GECC: 3.2km
Opening in 2021, Mantra Gladstone offers unsurpassed capabilities for accommodation, tourism, events, weddings, and dining in the region. Guests can spend their days relaxing in the comfort of our rooms, sipping cocktails in the lounge, sampling the taste of Pacino’s Restaurant, enjoying their favourite beverage in the bar- or using the hotel as a base to explore the diverse and exciting region. From families to couples, adventurers to corporate guests-Mantra welcomes you to Gladstone.
- Superior Queen Twin Room - $189/night
- Superior Suite Balcony Studio - $212/night
- King Privilege Apartment - $221/night
- King Balcony Apartment - $230/night
- Family Suite - $243/night
BOOKING CODE: LGAQ Call the hotel direct and quote the booking code and you will receive the applicable 10% discounted rates. Otherwise, requests can be sent through to Craig Conley (GM) via email.
38 Goondoon Street Gladstone
T: 07 4972 1000
Distance to GECC: 0.17
The Gladstone Reef Hotel/Motel is conveniently situated on the main street of Gladstone city with great views of Gladstone Harbour. Choose from our range of queen or twin rooms featuring modern décor and enjoy easy access to the in-house family-friendly restaurant, multiple bars, and rooftop pool with harbour views. All rooms feature private ensuite, air-conditioning, flat - screen TV, small refrigerator, and tea/coffee making facilities. On-site facilities also include a guest laundry (washing machines and dryers), gym, vending machines, ATM cash machines as well as photocopying availability. Take time to relax in our rooftop pool which offers a pleasant view of the Gladstone Harbour or take a leisurely walk down the road to the water park.
- Standard Queen Room- $130/night
- Twin Queen Room - $165/night
- Queen Room with Harbour Views - $145/night
- Twin Room with Harbour Views - $165night
- Queen Room with Balcony - $170/night
BOOKING CODE: LGAQ. To book visit The Gladstone Reef Hotel website.
79 Goondoon Street Gladstone
Distance to GECC: 0.16km
The Oaks Grand Gladstone is just 6.5 kilometres (11 minutes by taxi) from the domestic airport and the Gladstone entertainment Convention Centre is: less than 100m (1 minute walk). The Oaks Grand Gladstone offers you a perfect combination of comfort and convenience located in the heart of the city. With its proximity to the Waterfront, the city’s best bars and restaurants as well as a comprehensive range of dining and leisure activities on site, our hotel is the perfect location when attending the Gladstone Entertainment Convention Centre. The hotel includes 144 selfcontained apartments, 24-hour reception, 3 levels of carparking, swimming pool and GYM. The hotel forms part of the original ‘Grand Hotel’ (established in 1908) and has been lovingly restored. The “Grand” maintains the ambience and spirit of Far North Queensland and exudes the architectural style and grandeur of the city centre’s rich colonial past.
- Studio $140 per room per night + $30 pp breakfast
- 1 Bedroom $165 per apartment per night + $30 pp breakfast
- 1 Bedroom Exec $185 per apartment per night + $30 pp breakfast
BOOKING CODE: LGAQ2023
- Must be booked via our Oaks Hotels website only, not valid through any 3rd party website, not valid to be booked over the phone
- Discount is only valid for new bookings only (unable to make a booking using alternative method and then apply code)
- All rooms are subject to availability at time of booking
- Bookings must be made using the above code to receive discounted rates
- Particular booking T&Cs will be as per “rate plan booked”
How to book:
Step 1: Go to our website Oakshotels.com.au (or use above link)
Step 2: Select Oaks Gladstone Grand Hotel
Step 3: Enter “Booking code” – LGAQ2023
Step 4: Select Dates (must be between 14 and 19 October 2023)
Step 5: Select room type & rates
Step 6: Follow the prompts to book